Looking for a classic baked dessert that's not pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving? Check out this month's Founder's Favorite recipe for Mona Bread Pudding! As always, you are welcome to share your creations with me on Facebook!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hr
- 1 pound loaf cinnamon bread (we make our own)
- 2½-3 cups whole milk (use 2½ cups for drier bread pudding, 3 cups for moister texture)
- 2-2½ cups sugar (start with 2 cups, add more to taste)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Soak bread in milk, crushing to mix thoroughly. Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, and chocolate chips, mixing well.
- Pour melted butter into 2-quart casserole dish or evenly in 6-8 ramekins. Add bread mixture,
- Bake at 350F degrees until firm.
- Whip heavy cream with mixer on high until stiff (tip: place bowl in freezer for 10 minutes before whipping).
- Top bread pudding with whipped cream.
- Serves 6-8.